The rapid advances in computer technology in today’s highly technological society have resulted in a continuing demand for computer science graduates. The study of computer science prepares you as a professional to be able to apply the basic principles of computing and the latest technological advancements to solve problems in business, education, and government. You may work as a systems analyst who designs solutions to specific problems or become an application programmer to translate these solutions into software, or a technical support professional who solves a wide range of problems related to computer applications and its use. Other career possibilities are system administrators, computer network administrators, or systems programmers.
St. Peter’s offers a Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering. This is a course of 4 years duration with total of 120 Seats as per the norms of AICTE & A.P Govt.
- Applications Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Software Engineer
- System Software Developer
- Database Programmer/Designer
- Computer Animation Expert
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Computer Science – Lecturer
- Information Security Specialist
Career Path 1: Designing & implementing System Software.
- It can be done exclusively by Computer Science graduates with good I.Q. and conceptual knowledge of each subject studied.
- A passion for working with the low level & high level languages and aptitude to use new Modeling Language tools can help achieve the aim.
- One can work for companies such as Microsoft and HP.
Career Path 2: Devising new ways to use computers.
- This refers to innovation in the application of computer technology.
- A career path in this area can involve advanced graduate work, followed by a position in a research University or industrial research and development laboratory.
- It can involve entrepreneurial activity such as was evident during the dot-com boom of the 1990s or it can involve a combination of the two.
Career Path 3: Developing effective ways to solve computing problems.
- This refers to the application or development of computer science theory and knowledge of algorithms to ensure the best possible solutions for computationally intensive problems.
- As a practical matter, a career path in the development of new computer science theory typically requires graduate work to the Ph.D. level, followed by a position in a research or an industrial research and development laboratory.
Corporates such as Google, IBM, HCLTechnologies, Gameloft visit the college campus every year and recruit students from 4th Year in large numbers. The college has developed special modules to prepare the students to appear for written examinations given by these companies. These modules are handled by its own senior faculty members. The department has hired private enterprises who deal in Personality Development and prepares young students for Group Discussions.
The industry offers packages ranging from 1.80 to 3.5 Lacs per annum. In about 3 to 4 years, the earnings of these youngsters get doubled. For those trained in niche areas of software development such as ERP, VLSI & chip design or in MNCs of repute, the offering from industry is Rs. 4 to 8 Lacs per annum at entry level.
Professors in the Department
|Dr. V.P.C. Rao Vemuri
Prof. N. Chandra Shekhar Reddy
(Head of the Department)
Prof. V.S.K Prasada Rao
Valuable Assets of the Department
1 Dr.V.P.C.Rao CSE PROF.&PRINCIPAL
2 N.C.Sekhar Reddy CSE Sr.Asst.Professor
3 Dr K.Rameshwaraiah CSE PROFESSOR
4 K.David Raju CSE Sr.Asst.Professor
5 V.S.K Prasada Rao CSE Asst.Professor
6 B.V Seshu Kumari CSE Asst.Professor
7 K.Vinay Kumar CSE Asst.Professor
8 T. Saroja Reddy CSE Sr.Asst.Professor
9 B. Aswani Kumar CSE Sr.Asst.Professor
10 N. Lakshmi Manasa CSE Sr.Asst.Professor
11 Y.Murali Praveen CSE Lecturer
12 S.Sudeshna CSE ASSIT.PROF
13 K Sravani CSE ASSIT.PROF
14 Ch.Krishna Keerthi CSE ASSIT.PROF
15 Ch.Pavitra CSE Asst.Professor
16 D.Naveen Kumar CSE Lecturer
17 S.Veeraiah CSE Asst.Professor
18 K.Madhavi CSE Lecturer
19 B.N.Jyothi CSE Lecturer
20 B.Archana CSE Lecturer
21 Y. Akhila CSE ASSIT.PROF
22 T.S.S.L.N. Sharma CSE ASSIT.PROF
23 C.Sri Latha CSE ASSIT.PROF
24 A.Chaitana Raju CSE ASSIT.PROF
25 U.Shiva Krishna CSE ASSIT.PROF
26 A.Venkatesh CSE ASSIT.PROF
27 SANDEEP.L CSE ASSIT.PROF
28 D.SHIVA PRASAD CSE ASSIT.PROF