Grievence Cells in St.Peters Engineering College
The college host some of the important cells i.e
1. Antiragging Cell
'Ragging' means the doing of any act which causes, or is likely to cause any physical, psychological or physiological harm of apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student, and includes
(a) Teasing or abusing of playing Practical joke on, or causing hurt to any student.
(b) Asking any student to do any act, or perform any thing, which he/she would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do or perform.
Ragging is different from other crimes because the motive is solely to get perverse pleasure. Ragging is also different from other crimes as it is actively promoted by certain sections of the society.
Following types of abuses and activities will be termed as ragging:
- Physical abuse, for example, forcing to eat, drink or smoke, forcing to dress or undress.
- Verbal abuse, for example swear words and phrases, direct or indirect derogatory references to the person's appearance, attire, religion, caste, family or chosen field of study.
- Forced activity, for example
- Chores for seniors e.g. copying notes, cleaning rooms, etc.
- Missing classes. Not being allowed to study.
- Staying awake late or getting up at unreasonable times.
- Singing or dancing or performing in any other way.
- Using foul language or shouting or cheering loudly.
- Misbehaving with strangers, particularly women.
- Reading or browsing porno-graphic/objectionable material
1. Mr.Y.Pradeep Kumar.
1. Bharath - ECE
2. Swetha - CSE
Student Counselling/Mentoring Cell
1. To provide support for students to build up their confidence and feel the institution as their second home.
2. To strengthen students mentally by providing friendly environment for students with faculty.
3. Counsel the students and assigning set of students 20 to each mentor.
4. It conducts a thorough review/study on the grievance received from the aggrieved students, including instances of ragging in written form.
5. It submits the recommendations to the principal accordingly as per the Management policy
6. Taking necessary action for the addressed Complaints/grievances. The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Women Protection Cell The college is having its women cell functioning in formal sense since 2014-15. The cell has been established in order to protect the women staff and students associated with the college from any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly and indirectly.
Purpose The Women Protection Cell functions with the following purposes;
• to make them aware of their rights,
• to help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities available for them,
• to help them in developing decision making abilities and be self-dependent,
• to help them in raising their voice against all kinds of discrimination,
• to help them in changing their mind setup,
• to assist them in overall development of their personality, and
• to help them (community women) in knowing about reproductive health care and child care.
Faculty Grievance and Redressal Cell
• The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the Faculty members.
• The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
• The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities. Procedure for lodging complaint:
• The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
• The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
• The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Any Complaints Contact:- firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile No: 8008044336
Students Grievances https://goo.gl/forms/S07FPCKVXJvyOcBN2
Parents Grievances https://goo.gl/forms/aZzbk3KJolNFLoMm1
Faculty/Staff Grievances https://goo.gl/forms/Nt7dHVtmjlvrdxAf2
Alumni Grievances https://goo.gl/forms/zBJDXEaJ0ljaKpJ73
Employer Grievances https://goo.gl/forms/JsfJKTEoO3JoAveE2