The department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering was established during the inception of the institute in 2007. Since its commencement, the primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in various areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with broad emphasis on design aspects of Electrical & Electronic systems.
The institution has good infrastructure and high quality laboratory equipments and the campus provides opportunities for developing extracurricular skills which include NCC, NSS, Students Chapters of IEEE and ISTE, EEE club, social clubs, sports & games. The department conducts several industrial visits, workshops, seminars and guest lecturs from IIT’s, JNTU’s, government and private sectors.
The department has well-qualified faculty members. The entire faculty holds postgraduate degree in different specializations. The faculty of the department has been involved in several research projects and publications in many national and international journals and conferences.
Department of EEE has recently received grants amounting to Rs. 20Lakhs from AICTE, to strengthen the research facility for the development in design and development of power system etc. Besides teaching the students of our discipline, we also offer the basic courses in Electrical Engineering to all the Departments. We also teach advanced-level courses to the students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Alumni of this institution have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in a number of leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations.
The department offers the following degrees:
- Diploma in Electronics & Electrical Engineering with an intake of 60 students.
- B. Tech. in Electronics & Electrical Engineering with an intake of 60 students.
- M. Tech in the following specialization:
- Electrical Power Systems.
Evolve the department as a centre of excellence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Education in the country, to train students incontemporary technologies to meet the needs of global industry and to develop them into skillful Engineers infused with knowledge of coreas well as inter-disciplinary domains, human values and professional ethics.
•Impart quality education to the students to enter a dynamic and rapidly changing field with career opportunities in Electrical PowerSystem, Electronics and Software Professional.
•Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department was found with a threefold mission in teaching, research, and public service. Basedon that foundation, the mission of the Department, in all major fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, is to instill in students theattitudes, values, vision, and training that will prepare them to learn and to lead continuously for life-time.
•Develop the ability and passion to work creatively, effectively and wisely for the benefit of society.
•Generate new knowledge for the betterment of humankind and to utilize it universally.
•Generate realistic and innovative solutions for the current needs and future technological needs and to play a leading role to form thevan of social and scientific progress and to provide special services where there are needs that the department is uniquely qualified to meet.
•Other than the Academic curriculum, the department also engages in regular Industrial Visits and In-plant training for students to gain industrial exposure and practical knowledge.
Program Educational Objectives
To provide a solid foundation in Mathematics, Science, Electrical, Electronics and allied engineering, capable of analyzing, design and development of systems for Energy Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Operation and Control.
To prepare the student for a successful career in industry/Technical profession and undertake post-graduation studies, research and lifelong learning.
To prepare the student to fulfill the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles, tools and practices.
To equip student with the knowledge of modern simulation tools to solve complex Engineering problems.
To inculcate professional and ethical attitudes, team work skills, leadership qualities and good oral and written communication skills.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.