Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering is the second-oldest engineering discipline after Military Engineering, and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from Military Engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including Architectural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Control Engineering, Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Forensic Engineering, Municipal or Urban Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Materials Engineering, Wastewater Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Facade Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Coastal Engineering, Construction Surveying, and Construction Engineering.
Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Our vision is to promote quality education accessible to all sections of the society without any discrimination of caste, creed, color, gender and religion and help the students to discover their true potential.
•To provide integrated, continuous and wholesome development of students by equipping them with knowledge and skills, social values and ethics, scientific attitude and orientation for lifelong education and mould them into useful citizens of the society.
•To create an environment conducive to inhabitating theirs total involvement and participation of the students, faculty, staff and management.
•In making the institution into a centre of excellence imparting quality technical education and also arm the students with the competence to be at the forefront of cutting edge technology and entrepreneurship in highly competitive global market.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: LEARN AND INTEGRATE
Graduates of the program will have thorough understanding of key principles and practices of computing, engineering, mathematics and sciences required for identifying, formulating and solving both hardware and software related problems, while engaging in a successful career or higher studies or research.
PEO2: THINK AND CREATE
Graduates of the program will be capable of analyzing real world problems and then, design and develop solutions for the same, meeting the needs of the industry and society.
PEO3: COMMUNICATE AND ORGANIZE
Graduates will have appropriate interpersonal and organizational skills, ethical values, good communication skills and leadership skills.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Engineering practices.
- An ability to succeed in competitive exams like GATE, IES, GRE etc.