The Mechanical Engineering Department was started in the year 2010. The department offers four year B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), Two year M.Tech (Machine Design), The department has a team of highly qualified, dedicated and motivated faculty and well equipped laboratories with facilities for UG, PG Programmes and research in respective areas.
Program Educational Objectives
Domain Knowledge: Graduates would have sounded grip on Mathematics, Physical Sciences fundamentals, capable to break down and synthesize any mechanical engineering problem.
Professional Employment: Graduates will be able to contribute to the growth of any core industry (Automobile, Aerospace& Manufacturing), Government Organizations and R&D establishments.
Higher Degrees: Graduates will pursue advanced degrees in CAD/CAM, Mechanical, Allied Engineering and management studies.
Engineering Citizenship:Graduates will be prepared to communicate, work effectively in team-based engineering projects and practice professional ethics consistent with a sense of social responsibility.
Lifelong Learning: Graduates will have continuous learning skills to become experts in the chosen domains and contribute to professional knowledge.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in solving problems of society.
- Imparting quality education to students to enhance their skills and make them globally competitive.
- Prepare its graduates to pursue life-long learning, serve the professional and meet intellectual, ethical and career challenges.
- To train students to take up projects in core and inter-disciplinary areas intune.