M. Tech (Computer Science & Engineering): M. Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) is a two year full time post-graduate programme approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) for the students who have a B.E / B. Tech in any branch of engineering, The course is offered by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering by highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty. Intake to this course is 18, admitted through J N T University's Common Entrance Test.
The course offers core subjects like Advanced Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, RDBMS, Software Engineering, Language Processor and Operating Systems in the first two semesters and a host of electives such as Data structures, Advanced Computer Graphics, Distributed systems, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
A dedicated project work is taken up by every student for the next two semesters. The project work is of high quality basing used in current industry practices. Project work is supported by leading MNC's and Defence laboratories doing state of art research and development.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1. Learn and Integrate
Graduates shall apply knowledge to solve computer science and allied engineering problems with continuous learning.
PEO2. Think and Create
Graduates are inculcated with a passion towards higher education and research with social responsibility.
PEO 3. Communicate and Organize
Graduates shall pursue career in industry, empowered with professional and interpersonal skills.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
To emerge as a centre for computer technology meeting the needs of society.
DM1: To provide quality education towards academic and industry requirements.
DM2: To offer state-of-art infrastructure for research and professional skill development through value added programs.
DM3: To promote student centric activities that encourage interpersonal skills.