Grievence Cells in St.Peters Engineering College
The college host some of the important cells i.e
1. Antiragging Cell
'Ragging' means the doing of any act which causes, or is likely to cause any physical, psychological or physiological harm of apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student, and includes
(a) Teasing or abusing of playing Practical joke on, or causing hurt to any student.
(b) Asking any student to do any act, or perform any thing, which he/she would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do or perform.
Ragging is different from other crimes because the motive is solely to get perverse pleasure. Ragging is also different from other crimes as it is actively promoted by certain sections of the society.
Following types of abuses and activities will be termed as ragging:
- Physical abuse, for example, forcing to eat, drink or smoke, forcing to dress or undress.
- Verbal abuse, for example swear words and phrases, direct or indirect derogatory references to the person's appearance, attire, religion, caste, family or chosen field of study.
- Forced activity, for example
- Chores for seniors e.g. copying notes, cleaning rooms, etc.
- Missing classes. Not being allowed to study.
- Staying awake late or getting up at unreasonable times.
- Singing or dancing or performing in any other way.
- Using foul language or shouting or cheering loudly.
- Misbehaving with strangers, particularly women.
- Reading or browsing porno-graphic/objectionable material
1. Mr.Y.Pradeep Kumar.
1. Bharath - ECE
2. Swetha - CSE
Women Protection Cell The college is having its women cell functioning in formal sense since 2014-15. The cell has been established in order to protect the women staff and students associated with the college from any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly and indirectly.
Purpose The Women Protection Cell functions with the following purposes;
• to make them aware of their rights,
• to help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities available for them,
• to help them in developing decision making abilities and be self-dependent,
• to help them in raising their voice against all kinds of discrimination,
• to help them in changing their mind setup,
• to assist them in overall development of their personality, and
• to help them (community women) in knowing about reproductive health care and child care.
Composition :The Women Protection Cell of the college is generally constituted by selecting at least four women staff.
The Principal of the college as the chairperson of the cell and one women staff member is convenor of the cell. The cell is reconstituted every year if situation arises so. The process of reconstruction of the cell lies in the hands of Principal. in consultation staff members.
The name of the teachers in the charge of the cell:
• Dr (Mrs) R.P.Sridevi- AP/S & H (Convener) Mobile No: 8008044336
• Mrs Kanaka Durga- AP/ECE
• Mrs Sunandha- AP/EEE
Any Complaints Contact:- email@example.com, Mobile No: 8008044336