Motto: The motto of the National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) is "Not Me, But You". It expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciation of another man's point of view and also show consideration towards fellow human beings. It underlines the welfare of an individual most necessary as is ultimately leads to the welfare of the society as a whole. Therefore the N.S.S. should aim to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day activities.
The main objective of National Service Scheme is personality development through social service or community service. This program aims at inculcating social welfare thoughts among the students by providing service to the society without any prejudice.
The college has a NSS unit, affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad with an objective to develop the attitude of social service among the professional students and to make them into responsible citizens.
The following is the NSS committee of the college
They play the roles of an organiser, an educator, a coordinator, a supervisor, and administrator and a public relations person.
Functions and Responsibilities of NSS
- Making education more relevant to the present situation to meet the felt needs of the community and supplement the education of the university/college students by bringing them face to face with the rural situation;
- Providing opportunities to the students to play their role in planning and executing development projects which would not only help in creating durable community assets in rural areas and urban slums but also results in the improvement of quality of life of the economically and socially weaker sections of the community;
- Encouraging students and non-students to work together along with the adults in rural areas;
- Developing qualities of leadership by discovering the latent potential among the campers, both students as well as local youth (Rural and Urban), with a view to involve them more intimately in the development programme and also to ensure proper maintenance of the assets created during the camps;
- Emphasizing dignity of labor and self-help and the need for combining physical work with intellectual pursuits;
- Encouraging youth to participate enthusiastically in the process of national development and promote national integration, through corporate living and cooperative action.
2. click here NSS special Camp 2018