The field of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) has been pushing the envelope of almost all other disciplines, which use computing as a fundamental means of inquiry and tool for discovery. CSE offers exciting, intellectually challenging, and rapidly growing career opportunities.It is the least of where the action is, whether this means intelligent game playing, mobile applications, smart robots, cloud computing, data security, social networks or bio informatics. The fast changing technological scenario poses to the institute, a challenge of continuously updating its curriculum and faculty, to be able to provide state-of-the-art education and technology to the students. Changes, both major and subtle, have been made by the department of CSE to be well prepared for better tomorrow. The department of CSE was established in 2007 with an intake of 60, enhanced to 120 in 2009 and further to 180 in the year 2012, besides an additional 36 seats under lateral entry scheme.
Computer Science and Engineering has two primary processes:
1) Computer Hardware Design which includes an understanding of Design Methodologies for Electronic circuits , digital systems, computer architecture of integrated circuits.
2) Computer software design which includes an understanding of design methodologies for programming, algorithms of data structures, operating systems, large-scale software development & the principles of computing as a wide variety of software applications across various computer languages.
Teaching-Learning process is given at most priority in pursuit of improving the quality of technical education. Innovative teaching aids and methodologies are used by the department towards this goal. The efficiency of the Teaching-Learning process is reflected in the consistently excellent results being achieved every year.
The department has been striving hard to inculcate conceptual and technical skills in students through a scientific teaching methodology based on lectures, case studies, seminars, group discussions, project works, assignments, quiz programs,coding clubs etc. The systematic and well planned approach to problem solving is emphasized in the classrooms, laboratories through the course projects and additional computer training beyond the scope of the syllabus. Teaching aids such as LCD Projector, OHP, CD demo, equipment demonstrations, models, charts etc are regularly used to enhance better understanding.
The department has modern laboratories and also well equipped with LCD projectors in each lab to serve the teaching and research needs of the student and faculty. All systems are connected to the department LAN through fiber optic which is a part of the Institute wide area network.
CSE department exclusively holds a Library for UG course.The department takes an active role in arranging expert lectures form Industry,Guest Lectures through eminent faculty from external colleges and Industrial Visits for the benefit of students.Students are encouraged to take up Industry Oriented projects.The students are highly motivated towards research to build up various projects using upcoming technologies.Besides these students are also motivated to present papers in various publications, journals,seminars etc.
The department organises students counselling by the members of faculty to monitor regularity and discipline among students.A disciplinary committe comprising of the senior faculty is constituted for maintaining discipline and dress code of the students.The department consists of a First and Second persons under HOD to take care of the overall activity,discipline etc of the department.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1 Learn and Integrate
Graduates shall apply knowledge to solve computer science and allied engineering problems with continuous learning.
PEO 2 Think and Create
Graduates are inculcated with a passion towards higher education and research with social responsibility.
PEO 3 Communicate And Organize
Graduates shall pursue career in industry, empowered with professional and interpersonal skills.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes:
PSO-1 APPLICATIONS OF COMPUTING DOMAIN AND RESEARCH:
Able to use the professional , managerial, interdisciplinary skill set , and domain specific tools, in development processes , identify the research gaps , and provide innovative solutions to them.
PSO-2 COMPETITIVE APPLICATIVE: An ability to succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, TOEFL,GRE etc.