The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering was established during the inception of the institute in 2007. Since its commencement, the primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in various areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with broad emphasis on design aspects of Electrical & Electronic systems.
The institution has good infrastructure and high quality laboratory equipments and the campus provides opportunities for developing extracurricular skills which include NCC, NSS, Students Chapters of IEEE and ISTE, EEE club, social clubs, sports & games. The department conducts several industrial visits, workshops, seminars and guest lecturs from IIT’s, JNTU’s, government and private sectors.
The department has well-qualified faculty members. The entire faculty holds postgraduate degree in different specializations. The faculty of the department has been involved in several research projects and publications in many national and international journals and conferences.
Department of EEE has recently received grants amounting to Rs. 20Lakhs from AICTE, to strengthen the research facility for the development in design and development of power system etc. Besides teaching the students of our discipline, we also offer the basic courses in Electrical Engineering to all the Departments. We also teach advanced-level courses to the students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Alumni of this institution have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in a number of leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations.
The department offers the following degrees:
- Diploma in Electronics & Electrical Engineering with an intake of 60 students.
- B. Tech. in Electronics & Electrical Engineering with an intake of 60 students.
- M. Tech in the following specialization:
- Electrical Power Systems.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Design and develop products and services in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- PEO2: Apply the knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to solve industry & society related problems and pursue research and higher education.
- PE03: Engage in lifelong learning and work effectively as individual and as team members in multi-disciplinary projects.
- PO: 1 ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO: 2 PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO: 3 DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO: 4 CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO: 5 MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO: 6 THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO: 7 ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO: 8 ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO: 9 INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO: 10 COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PO: 11 PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO: 12 LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- PSO1:Able to apply the knowledge gained during the course of the program from Mathematics, Basic Computing, Basic Sciences and Social Sciences in general and all electrical courses in particular to identify, formulate and solve real life problems faced in industries and/or during research work.
- PSO2: Be able to design, develop & take up research with eco-friendly innovative solution to any type of Electrical Engineering problem.
- PSO3: Solve ethically and professionally various Electrical Engineering problems in societal and environmental context and communicate effectively.
Course Structure and Syllabi SR20 -Click Here
Course Structure and Syllabi R18 - Click Here
CO- PO MAPPING A.Y-2022-23
CO- PO MAPPING A.Y-2021-22
CO- PO MAPPING A.Y-2020-21
CO- PO MAPPING A.Y-2019-20
CO- PO MAPPING A.Y-2018-19