Electronics rules the modern world. It has profound influence and has become an integral part of every technology. With a mission to mould the students as the best technocrats and prepare them to face the ever changing challenges in the electronics industry. The Department of ECE commenced in the year 2007 with an intake of 60 and later expanded to accommodate 120 students in the academic year 2009. Later expanded to accommodate 180 students in the academic year 2013. Since 2013, the intake is 180,besides an additional 20% under lateral entry scheme.The department has the faculty members who have vast experience in the field in both industries and academics. The department has an Advisory Committee, which advises planning of academic matters and development of the laboratories and upgrading skills of the faculty.
The department has computers with latest versions of computer software and hardware. All computers are connected through college LAN with 30 Mbps Internet facility for the use of students and faculty all the time.
The department has the following full-fledged laboratories:
1. Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab.
2. Basic Simulation Lab.
3. Electrical Technology Lab.
4. Electronic Circuits and Pulse Circuits Lab.
5. Analog Communications Lab.
6. IC Applications and HDL Simulation Lab.
7. Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Lab.
8. Digital Signal Processing Lab.
9. Microwave Engineering and Digital Communications Lab.
The department library has 500 titles of text books for UG course. The number of project reports available in the library is 100 for UG. The department takes an active role in arranging expert lectures, guest lectures and Industrial visits for the benefit of students. Students are encouraged to take up industry oriented projects. The students are also motivated to present papers in student seminars, paper contests etc. at various conferences. The department organizes students counselling by the members of faculty to monitor regularity and discipline among students. About 15 students are allotted to each teacher to guide, motivate and counsel them on academic and other matters. The teacher counselors regularly interact with the students and maintain registers on the progress of the students. Class teachers are allotted to check student’s attendance and punctuality. A Disciplinary Committee comprising of the senior faculty is constituted for maintaining discipline and dress code of the students. Some faculty members are allotted roster duties to check the punctuality of both the staff and students. The department constantly interacts with the alumni and seeks their advice on academic matters. Their suggestions are taken into consideration in various developmental activities of the department. Among the past four batches of students who have graduated so far, 200 students have been placed in reputed MNC's like Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam, Infosys Technologies Ltd, Robert Bosch, Computer Science Corporation, Convergys, Mphasis, Syntel etc. Some alumni have pursued higher studies in Engineering/Management in reputed Universities in India and abroad.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: Graduates shall have a solid foundation and in-depth knowledge in engineering, science, and technology for a successful career in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
PEO2: Graduates shall become effective collaborators ‘or’ innovators in efforts to address social, technical and engineering challenges with continuous learning.
PEO3: Graduates shall engage in professional development through self-study, post-graduation, and research.
PEO4: Graduates shall have integrity, professional and ethical values, team spirit and good communication skills.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes:
PSO1: EMERING TECHNOLOGIES USAGE: Ability to use electronic modern IT tools(both hardware& software) for the design and analysis of complex electronic systems for additional research activities.
PSO2: CAPABILITY TO COMPREHEND AND APPLY: Should be able to Apply the concepts and applications in the field of communication/networking signal processing,embedded systems and semiconductor technology for excellent adaptability, good interpersonal skills with professional ethics and social responsibilities.