The Department of Information Technology emerged in the year 2019 offers quality education to the budding young technocrats. Department offers B.Tech Information Technology Programme with an intake of 120. The department is manned by an energetic team of qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty members. The department distinguishes itself by producing competent software and networking professionals to fit today’s requirements. The department provides in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research. The department is equipped with modern Laboratories to meet the thrust areas of Industry. The department has ICT classrooms and network facilities to support e-learning, innovative teaching and research.
The Department has faculty members specialized in Data mining, Computer Networks, Network Security, Big Data Analytics, Image Processing, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing.
To evolve as center of excellence in education and research by producing technically competent and innovative IT professionals to meet global challenges.
- To provide quality education in both theoretical and applied concepts of Information Technology
- To create an atmosphere for students and faculty for continuous learning, involve in research, apply and transfer technology
- To achieve effective interaction between industry and institution and develop indigenous and appropriate technologies beneficial to the society
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.