To evolve the department as a centre of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education in the country, to train students in contemporary technologies to meet the needs of global industry and to develop them into skilful engineers imbued with knowledge of core as well as inter-disciplinary domains, human values and professional ethics.
DM1.To adopt pedagogical processes and environment to meet the educational objectives and outcomes of Emerging Technologies in the field of Electronics.
DM2.To prepare for higher education, employment, Intellectual professional attitude, Industrial research aptitude, life long learning, entrepreneurial practices, ethical values and social concern.
DM3.To impart knowledge in the field of Electronics and its related areas with a focus on developing the required competencies and virtues to meet the requirements of society.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: Graduates shall have a solid foundation and in-depth knowledge in engineering, science, and technology for a successful career in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
PEO2: Graduates shall become effective collaborators ‘or’ innovators in efforts to address social, technical and engineering challenges with continuous learning.
PEO3: Graduates shall engage in professional development through self-study, post-graduation, and research.
PEO4: Graduates shall have integrity, professional and ethical values, team spirit and good communication skills.
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes:
PSO1: EMERING TECHNOLOGIES USAGE: Ability to use electronic modern IT tools(both hardware& software) for the design and analysis of complex electronic systems for additional research activities.
PSO2: CAPABILITY TO COMPREHEND AND APPLY: Should be able to Apply the concepts and applications in the field of communication/networking signal processing,embedded systems and semiconductor technology for excellent adaptability, good interpersonal skills with professional ethics and social responsibilities.